Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Story

In late 2004 I went to the doctor to have a mole removed from my neck. Three hours after that I was a diabetic. I was told that my condition was a Type 1.5 and I would be a type 1 in a short period of time. This was the beginning of my fight with diabetes.

Initially the doctors told me I would need to take 14 units of insulin a day. This was not acceptable to me. I started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes every day. I cut my carbs down and watched what I ate. I managed to stay off insulin. (I also had a fear of needles which provided additional motivation).

By the middle of 2005, my weight had dropped from 205 lbs to 177 lbs. I am 6’1” inches tall, so 200 lbs was not overweight. (Not to me at least). My condition was getting worse. I had tried multiple different solutions with no success. I finally had to face the fact that I needed to start on insulin.

When I first started injecting myself I was taking 10 units of Lantus a day. It would take me about 20 minutes just to work up the courage to stick the needle in me. Sometime my arm would shake so bad I would stick the needle in and it would come out before I could inject the insulin. Eventually I got use to giving myself shots, although I’m still not completely comfortable with it.

In the early part of 2008 I had reached a point where I was taking shots (Novolog, 5 units) with every meal on top of my daily injections (Lantus, 16 units). By late summer 2008 I had increased the amounts of insulin to a point where it was no longer helping me manage my condition.

The next step of course was to get a pump. The idea of constantly having a machine attached to me was not very appealing. At this time I was taking 40 units of Lantus a day and 8 units of Novolog with each meal.

At the end of 2008 a friend of mine from India became a diabetic. He sent me a link to the news article about Madhusar. I contacted the company and by the end of January 2009 I started taking Mahusar twice a day. Remember that I have been down this road before and I wasn’t actually expecting it to help me.

March 22 2009. This is the day I started noticing results from taking Madhusar. I am currently taking 30 units of Lantus a day (Down from 40 units) and 10 units of Novolog with each meal. My weight has gone back up to 202 lbs. (First time in 4 years) My blood sugar levels are dropping into the normal range.

This is the first time in 5 years I have anything that has caused a reversal of my diabetic condition. My stress levels are down, I feel better than I have in a long time.

I will be uploading my test results to the file section.

Thanks for listening

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment